We’re sad to say farewell to the original cast of the U.K.-based Harry Potter and the Cursed Child production, but we’re also happy to celebrate today’s milestone: the day the new cast takes over!
The new cast includes:
- Jamie Glover as Harry Potter
- Emma Lowndes as Ginny Potter
- Theo Ancient as Albus Potter
- Thomas Aldridge as Ron Weasley
- Rakie Ayola as Hermione Granger
- Helen Aluko as Rose Granger-Weasley
- James Howard as Draco Malfoy
- Samuel Blenkin as Scorpius Malfoy
Official in-character cast photos were recently released, showing the actors’ promise in each of their respective roles:
Unfortunately, there’s no indication that the original cast’s performance was filmed for an eventually DVD/Blu-ray release, but we can hold out hope. For those of us on the other side of the pond, we’ll be able to see a production of Cursed Child on Broadway some time in 2018!