With Thor: Ragnarok, the third installment in the Thor film series (part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe), headed toward filming, Marvel has officially revealed the actors behind the movie’s key heroes and villains!
- Cate Blanchett will play Hela, the “mysterious and powerful new villain,” who in the comics is the goddess of death
- Jeff Goldblum will play the Grandmaster, one of the oldest living beings in the universe
- Tessa Thompson will play the “classic hero” Valkyrie, a powerful warrior and founding member of the Defenders
- Karl Urban will play Skurge, also known as the “Executioner” in the Marvel Comic Universe, and is a long-time antagonist of Thor and other Marvel heroes
- Mark Ruffalo will reprise his role as the Hulk, marking his first appearance in a Thor film
Thanks to Superhero Feed, we have a side-by-side showing Cate Blanchet, Karl Urban, Jeff Goldblum, and Tessa Thompson alongside their comic counterparts:
Thor: Ragnarok, the third Thor film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, is set to hit theaters on November 3rd, 2017!