Hi everyone! Last month we featured the new release Traveler, which is the sequel to Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton. We love Arwen, and were excited to talk Traveler with her in this exclusive video interview. We’re also giving away a copy of Traveler AND a set of both books!
But first, what’s Traveler about? Here’s the summary:
Quin Kincaid is a Seeker. Her legacy is an honor, an ancient role passed down for generations. But what she learned on her Oath night changed her world forever.
Quin pledged her life to deception. Her legacy as a Seeker is not noble but savage. Her father, a killer. Her uncle, a liar. Her mother, a casualty. And the boy she once loved is out for vengeance, with her family in his sights.
Yet Quin is not alone. Shinobu, her oldest companion, might now be the only person she can trust. The only one who wants answers as desperately as she does.
But the deeper they dig into the past, the darker things become. There are long-vanished Seeker families, shadowy alliances, and something else: a sinister plan begun generations ago, with the power to destroy them all.
The past is close. And it will destroy them all.
This book was such a great read. The story shifts to a lot of history of the Seekers and why things are the way they are. What’s awesome in this book? A lot. It was rich with story and Seeker culture, along with the struggles of being a good human when your world has been turned upside down. Here are a few of my favorite things:
- The truths that the main characters encounter really take them through the ringer, and it’s really fun to see how that part of the story unfolds.
- There are some really interesting new additions to the tools that help the Seekers do what they do, mainly in the form of an awesome helm that messes with the mind. There’s also this shield that takes the lighting-like energy from the disruptor weapon and not only protects the holder but sends it flying back the way it came. So cool.
- There are some amazing fight scenes, lots of great tension written in the voice that I came to love in the first book. The main characters have all been trained to fight, and it’s really fun to see them using their skills.
- I really loved that we get inside the head of some characters who were just a mystery in the first book, and watching the separate plots come together at the end of the book was super rewarding.
- My favorite part of this book is the absolute ringer that my emotions took with the characters’ journeys.There is no black and white with any of them. It’s like all the preconceived ideas I had were flipped on their head. It was delicious to experience, and I definitely found myself shouting in frustration, gasping in shock, and shaking my head in wonder.
If you enjoyed Seeker you won’t be disappointed with Traveler. It really takes you deep into this world and its characters, and it leaves you hanging, holding your breath. Don’t miss out!
Okay! So, here’s the interview with the lovely Arwen. We had a bit of a technical glitch in the middle, but I included a link in the video that allows you to jump past the minutes of silence. We definitely dig into the story, so don’t watch if you don’t want any spoilers! And don’t forget to enter in the giveaway below for your chance to win the books!
We will choose two winners at random. Winner one will get a hardback of Traveler. Winner two will get a set of both Seeker and Traveler. Don’t miss your chance to win! Enter below:
Entries are US only.
The giveaway lasts until 11:59 pm EST February 29th, 2016.