Alison Croggon, best known for her Pellinor series, is visiting Lytherus this week to promote the release of her new book Black Spring. We’ll have an exclusive interview, guest post, and giveaway, along with a review of the book on the docket over the next few days.
What’s Black Spring about? Here’s a summary of the book:
In a savage land sustained by wizardry and ruled by vendetta, Lina is the enchanting but willful daughter of a village lord. She and her childhood companion, Damek, have grown up privileged and spoiled, and they’re devoted to each other to the point of obsession. But Lina’s violet eyes betray her for a witch, and witches are not tolerated in a brutally patriarchal society. Her rank protects her from persecution, but it cannot protect her from tragedy and heartbreak. An innocent visitor stands witness to the devastation that ensues as destructive longing unleashes Lina’s wrath, and with it her forbidden power. Whether drawn by the romantic, the magical, or the gothic, readers will be irresistibly compelled by the passion of this tragic tale.
Here’s a breakdown of this week’s featured author articles:
- Monday (August 26th): Introduction to the Alison Croggon Featured Author Week
- Tuesday (August 27th): Review of Black Spring
- Wednesday (August 28th): Giveaway: Three copies of Black Spring
- Thursday (August 29th): Our exclusive interview with Alison Croggon
- Friday (August 23rd): Guest post: Alison Croggon talks drawing inspiration from other stories.
Looking for more to read? View our past archive of featured authors, with a stellar lineup including Lev Grossman, Stefan Bachmann, Colleen Houck, and more!