Last Week on Lytherus is our weekly wrap-up column summarizing the biggest news of the past week! With over a dozen posts going up on Lytherus per day, it’s likely you may have missed an important story or two!
This week was a huge week for the fantasy, scifi, and horror genres, with Marvel absolutely dominating the news, between S.H.I.E.L.D. updates and Kevin Feige’s loose lips constantly spilling new Marvel Cinematic Universe details. However, DC may have got the upper hand this week, shocking the entire internet by announcing to the world that Ben Affleck will play Batman in Superman vs. Batman.
Legend of Korra took the top viewed spot on Lytherus this week with two new articles, both detailing plot information, releases dates and more, as well as a look at a new Korra web series which jsut wrapped up. In book news, J.K. Rowling may be writing a young adult Doctor Who short story, and Avatar director James Cameron officially hired Jumper author Steven Gould to write four books set within the Avatar universe.
Let’s dive right in to the full break down of this week’s biggest and best fantasy, scifi, and horror news and content:
- Movie Review: ‘The World’s End’ reigns supreme as 2013′s finest comedy
- Movie Review: ‘You’re Next’ underwhelms and fails to deliver the goods
- Movie Review: ‘Mortal Instruments: City of Bones’ shows how a good book becomes a good movie
- Book Review: ‘Dark Halo’ and Eucatastrophe
- Movie Review: Beware of what’s under the ice, ‘Hypothermia’ is an interesting addition to the creature feature genre
- Weekend Web: ‘Hobbit’ trailer recreated with LEGOs, new web series, set miniatures brought to life, and more!
- Author Guest Post: Shannon Dittemore shares her thoughts on finishing strong
- Author Interview: Exclusive interview with ‘Dark Halo’ author Shannon Dittemore
- Author Interview: Part one of exclusive two-part interview with author Lauren Kate!
- Author Interview: Exclusive dual interview with Leigh Bardugo (‘Shadow and Bone’) and Marissa Meyer (‘Cinder’)
- New book releases, week of August 20th: Welcome back, Richard Rahl
- Catching up on Korra: ‘Legend of Korra’ official trailer, premiere date, and new web-only series!
- Final ‘Legend of Korra’ digital series episode released, conclusing ‘Republic City Hustle’ storyline
- Could J.K. Rowling be one of the authors writing a ‘Doctor Who’ short story? Steven Moffat says…
- ‘Jumper’ author Steven Charles Gould will pen four Cameron-approved ‘Avatar’ novels
- Ben Affleck is the new Batman, cast for the role in ‘Man of Steel’ sequel ‘Superman vs. Batman’
- ‘Divergent’ teaser trailer hits the web ahead of full trailer reveal during the VMAs!
- Marvel’s Kevin Feige discusses plans for 2016 – 2017 Marvel films and the Hulk
- Four new videos from the set of ‘Transformers 4′ hit the web
- Marvel’s Kevin Feige reveals major new ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ character details
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5′ now titled ‘Dead Men Tell No Tales’
- Marvel announces “The Marvel Experience” tour, a major 3D and 4D Marvel Cinematic Universe traveling experience for fans
- New information from Joss Whedon on why he picked Ultron and what to expect from ‘The Avengers 2′
- New footage from ‘Thor: The Dark World’ released courtesy of the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray
- Rumored “Christmas gift” release date for JJ Abrams’ first Star Wars film, Episode VII, making the rounds
- Expect to see some of the X-Men in the upcoming ‘Fantastic Four’ reboot, says Mark Millar
- Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat makes new comments on the new Doctor, stating “he won’t be the man he was a minute ago”
- ABC releases new trailer for Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’, revealing non-pilot footage
- First clip from Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ released by EW
- Final ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ character video profiles Agent Phil Coulson and his return to life
- Sony’s PlayStation 4 will release in North America on November 15th, Europe on November 29th
- Sony finally unveils its list of PlayStation 4 launch titles!
- Microsoft announces final list of Xbox One launch titles and new games
- ‘Diablo III: Reaper of Souls’, new Diablo III expansion, announced with accompanying opening cinematic and gameplay footage!