If you take a look at Time Warner’s financial statements for Q3, it confirms there will be a new Batman game in 2013.
Batman: Arkham City was released in 2011 and if you take into consideration a two year development time frame for AAA games, it looks like we will be getting a sequel in 2013.
Time Warner’s CFO and chief administrative officer John K. Martin confirmed the existence of a new game during their investor call.
And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012.
If you don’t believe it, the full transcript of the call is here.
Noth the previous Batman games released by Rocksteady were commercially and critically acclaimed, with over a 90 on Metacritic. It is not clear whether Rocksteady will be making this game as well, but we will keep you updated once Warner Bros. releases a statement.
Earlier Warner had registered these domain names, so take your pick as to what the next game could be called.
- arkhamuniverse.com (Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkahmuniverse.com (Batman Arkham Universe)
- batmanarkhamarises.com (Batman Arkham Arises)
- batmanarkhambegins.com (Batman Arkham Begins)
- batmanarkhamdarkknight.com (Batman Arkham Dark Knight)
- batmanarkhamknight.com (Batman Arkham Knight)
- batmanarkhamlegend.com (Batman Arkham Legend)
- batmanarkhamlegends.com (Batman Arkham Legends)
- batmanarkhamnight.com (Batman Arkham Night)
- batmanarkhamorigins.com (Batman Arkham Origins)
- batmanarkhamstories.com (Batman Arkham Stories)
- darkknightarkham.com (Dark Knight Arkham)
- dcarkhamuniverse.com (DC Arkham Universe)
- dcarkhamverse.com (DC Arkhamverse)
- thearkhamuniverse.com (The Arkham Universe)
Are you as excited as us? Let me know below!