The date is becoming closer every second before gamers can finally get their hands on the highly anticipated title The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. So, naturally, Nintendo has revealed even more details about some of the fascinating new areas, new items and gameplay elements by giving us a ton of new screenshots.
Check them out below:[cincopa AsNAqv6KTXlK]
Take a look at the latest Skyward Sword details, direct from Nintendo, below.
- Lake Floria and the Parella Tribe: Later in his quest, Link must make his way to an as-yet-undiscovered section of the Faron Woods that is home to Lake Floria. The lake is inhabited by the squid-like Parella tribe, which makes its first appearance in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Even when revisiting past areas like Faron Woods, players will make new discoveries and, occasionally, find drastic changes to the environment that require them to explore these areas in entirely different ways.
- Swimming: As one might expect, getting to and exploring Lake Floria requires Link to swim. The intuitive motion control of the Wii Remote Plus gives players a natural way to control Link as he swims across the lake’s surface or into its watery depths.
- Insects and Potions: Throughout the game, Link travels back and forth between the surface and Skyloft. Players can collect bugs in the various areas they visit, and these insects can be used to infuse new ingredients into the variety of different potions available for purchase at the bazaar in Skyloft, giving the potions powerful new effects. Players can experiment with different potions and insects to find the concoctions that best meet their needs.
- Fun Fun Island: Also new in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is Fun Fun Island, one of the small islands that float above the clouds near Link’s hometown. As the name suggests, there’s a lot of fun to be had there, but before Link can enjoy everything the island has to offer, he must find a way to fulfill the request of its lone inhabitant.
- Whip: Players can use the Wii Remote Plus to lash Link’s whip at enemies and objects. The whip also can be used to grab items and is integral to solving certain puzzles. Link’s items can be selected in real time without pausing the game when he is on the ground, making it easier to switch between a sword and other items.