The release of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is right around the corner (officially hitting stores on November 20th) and Nintendo is in full publicity mode, releasing new screenshots, trailers, and plot details to help drive hardcore Zelda fans insane while the wait draws to a close. This week’s latest information dump includes a whole new set of fantastic screenshots from the upcoming release, as well as some plot and character details officially released (not leaked) by Nintendo!
First, for the exciting plot details, which outline the game’s introduction, explain the character dynamics between Link and Zelda, and explain Groose’s role in this installment:
- Introduction: The new game’s storyline begins in Skyloft, an island town suspended high in the sky, on the day before young Link is to compete in a major bird-flying competition. The winner of the contest will earn the honor of taking part in a special ceremony with Zelda.
- Link and Zelda: Friends since childhood, Link and Zelda have always shared a special bond. Events in the new game will add even more depth to their relationship.
- Groose: Link’s nemesis at school, Groose, plays a significant role in the early moments of the new game. This bully of a character not only threatens Link’s chances to win the bird-flying competition, but he also reveals a jealous streak toward Link and Zelda’s special bond.
- Fi: Early on in Link’s new adventure, he encounters Fi, the spirit of the powerful Goddess Sword. Fi’s guidance proves to be crucial as Link goes forth on a challenging quest that will ultimately result in the creation of the Master Sword.
- Zelda’s father: Gaepora, Zelda’s father, is the headmaster of Link’s school. As such, he has knowledge of the history and legends of Skyloft.
And a juicy information release wouldn’t be worth it without some incredibly gameplay screenshots to feast your gamer eyes on. These photos show us several looks at Link, Zelda, Groose, Fi, as well as some gameplay flying (in a flying competition) and competitive racing![cincopa AsOA9vqHlGuP]
Will you be buying the game when it hits stores on November 20th?