Crysis 2 is just around the corner, set to launch March 22, the game will be released on the PC, Xbox 360, and the PlayStation 3, unlike its predecessor Crysis, which was exclusive to the PC. Claiming to contain the “best graphics in the history of video games”, Crytek has also admitted that the game is getting “slightly more performance” out of the PS3 version than the Xbox 360 edition. Do not let this “slight” different discourage you from purchasing this awesome game.
The year is 2023 and the world is under siege by a seemingly unstoppable force of aliens who launch a full-scale invasion hellbent on nothing less than the utter annihilation of the human race. In New York City, the invaders have unleashed a hellish plague which invokes a state of pandemonium the likes of which humanity has never experienced. Those who choose not to flee are “dead men walking”. Not even the might of the US military in all it’s glory can withstand the onslaught which is knocking on our front door. Our only hope is a super-soldier wielding the most advanced piece of technology never seen before. The Nanosuit 2, built out of a “self repairing, semi-organic nano-weave” grants you enhanced maneuverability in speed, strength, and durability and may cloak you in invisibility for a period of time. Use this ridiculously advanced weapon in your campaign to save the planet and obliterate the overwhelming alien invaders. “Be strong. Be fast. Be invisible. Be the weapon”.
One minute into the trailer and I already knew I was going to buy this game. I don’t think I have been this excited for a game to come out since Mass Effect 3. For advent gamers, there is a Limited Edition as well as a Nano Edition available. As expected, the LE will be the usual $59.99, while the NE $149.99. Why spend so much on a game? Well, the Nano Edition comes with the LE housed in a steel case plus an 11” / 28 cm statue of the game’s hero “Prophet” on top of a New York taxi cab, a high-quality art book, all packaged inside a backpack modeled after the Nanosuit 2 itself.
Unfortunately the Nano Edition is not available in stores– pre-order only and are sold out. But I’m sure a few copies will find their way to eBay and such. The Limited Edition will give you
- Bonus XP– Players will jump into multiplayer battles with an edge by starting with enough experience points to gain early access to all 5 preset class load-outs.
- SCAR Hologram Decoy – This special attachment to the SCAR will project a hologram image of the player, allowing them to confuse their opponents with the decoy.
- SCAR Weapon Skin – This digital camouflage skin will allow players to add a personalized touch to one of the more popular assault rifles in the game.
- Platinum Dog Tag– This special one-of-a-kind dog tag is one of over 250 that will be collectible in Crysis 2 multiplayer, helping to separate you from the rest of the field.
EA’s recommended PC Requirements:
- A Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2 processor clocked at 2GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- A GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3850 with 512MB of video memory
- 9GB of hard-drive space
- DirectX 9.0c-compatible audio
- And, of course, a keyboard and mouse (Xbox 360 controllers will also be supported on Windows).
Check out the official trailer and gameplay videos below: